Welcome the Israel Wine Producers Association
IWPA was established to unify the leading quality Israeli wineries in a concerted effort to promote Israel as a "fine wine growing region". IWPA positions these fine Israeli wines as an essential category to be included in all better wine retail outlets and Restaurants. Israel has been able to take their ancient history and blend it with the most modern technology to produce some of the finest wines available and become one of the fastest growing winemaking regions in the world.
Did You Know?!
- Israel's modern wine industry was founded by the Rothschild family, owners of Chateau Lafite. Revived after a gap of 2,000 years.
- Israel is famed for its agriculture, advanced technology, These are integrated into its vineyards and wineries. Its winemakers and viticulturists are dynamic and internationally trained.
- Israeli wines are made from the classic varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah/ Shiraz, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and rarer varieties such as Old vine Carignan, Petite Sirah, Argaman and Viognier.
- Israeli wines have won gold medals & trophies in major international competitions, and receive high scores from the world's leading wine critics. Israel's red, white, sparkling and dessert wines have all received international recognition.
- The IWPA includes a cross section of the Israel wine industry, with the participating wineries ranging from large to small, old to new, representing every wine growing region.
- Drip irrigation, insulated tanks developed specifically for Israel climates and agricultural "know how" allows cultivation of many grape varietals throughout the diverse land and maximizes that quality of each and every wine.